Tuesday 11 December 2012

Me and Mr Jones. . .

Shopping for myself has never been something I’ve struggled with. Come Christmas, my family all want a list of things I’d like but that I am not likely to treat myself to any time soon so this year I made it easy for them.  A couple of weeks ago I put together my wishlist of the Ernest Jones goodies I want to see piled under my tree on Christmas Day, but as Christmas is the season of goodwill, and there’s only 2 weeks until the big day, I now turn my attention to one of my favourite things about the season - buying for others.

My mum, like me, is a huge fan of emeralds. A couple of years ago for her 50th birthday I treated her to an emerald necklace, so this year I’m torn between keeping with the green theme or gifting her something from our Exclusive Amanda Wakeley collection. I know she’d love this Amanda Wakeley silver diamond & white ceramic knot bracelet which is delicate and minimalist without scrimping in the elegance stakes.




One of my sisters is always looking for a new charm to add to her bracelet, and so Chamilia is my go to brand of choice. I’ve opted for the Make a Wish bead which supports the work of the Make a Wish Foundation with Chamilia donating £12 from every bead sold to the charity. To compliment the ocean blue Swarovski element crystals of the Make a Wish bead, I’ve picked this stylish sterling silver love heart bead and this dark blue glitter Murano glass bead.

My other sister is coveting a pair of diamond studs and so I’ve selected our Christmas 9ct white gold diamond set earrings which are sure to add some sparkle to her jewellery box and a little bit of luxe to her obsessive vacuuming habits.

My stepfather is a gadget geek and earlier this year invested in an iPad which will be the perfect distraction for him on the 25th as I seize the remote while he’s not looking. So for him, I’m leaning towards the Ted Baker Dippie black & brown iPad case which is both sophisticated and contemporary.

My brothers in law will love this Ted Baker wallet in chocolate brown leather, while for my younger teenage cousin coming of age, I adore these impossibly quirky Simon Carter penguin cufflinks styled with Swarovski crystal elements and Mother of Pearl.



Watches for other halves are a fail safe option. Hugo Boss’ gift box includes a watch and a bottle of the house’s signature fragrance. But if your significant other has done enough to wind up on the good boy list, this timepiece from Ebel is the epitome of high end watch design.





Outside of Ernest Jones, for small somethings and stocking fillers, I am in love with Truffle Shuffle for iconic music and movie print tees and sweatshirts. Firebox is a favourite with Dave and I in the office where you can get absolutely anything from your instagram pictures printed to a replica batmobile.

And remember, today (Tuesday 11 December 2012) we’re offering free delivery on everything.  But if you miss out today, standard delivery is free on all orders over £100. To ensure Santa and his reindeer arrive on time make sure you take note of our last order dates.

Shop online at Ernest Jones
Like Ernest Jones on Facebook
Follow Ernest Jones on Twitter
Download our iPad app

No comments:

Post a Comment