Tuesday 18 December 2012

Diamonds, actually

With the first sightings of snow on the ground, the sparkling of Christmas lights that fill our streets, warm fires and cosy blankets, Winter has officially arrived and yes it is that time of year again to watch Love Actually. No doubt it will be on the television soon, but I cannot wait any longer and this week I will definitely be curled up on my sofa with some form of festive treat (or five) smiling joyfully at the moment Kiera Knightly is greeted at her front door with those longing words of love from her secret admirer. We all know the bit I’m talking about!

With Love Actually securely slotted into my schedule, I’m ready to embrace Christmas in all of it’s entirety. Christmas definitely brings out the best in us, and I’m sure we are all guilty of expressing unnecessary, over exaggerated affection to our friends/cats especially after a couple of glasses of champers! So with the mistletoe ready and waiting, the Love Actually DVD ready to bust out of its case, there’s one iconic declaration of love that needs to be explored and that is of course the diamond. 

Here at Ernest Jones, we have a great selection of Christmas diamond promotions, with up to half price off rings, necklaces, bracelets and earrings. With generous savings, these great finds are ideal for Christmas presents for any diamond loving girl in need of a dazzling best friend, and remember boys, diamonds are not just for Christmas! 

This ring is one of my personal favourites and I definitely would not be complaining if this greeted me on Christmas morning! (Hint, hint). I am a huge fan of statement jewellery and this pave set diamond ring has definitely earned a place in my imaginary jewellery box this year. With five rows of glittering diamonds set into 18ct gold, this ring is sure to make you stand out from the crowd. I’d wear this with a plain black midi dress, skinny belt and let my jewellery do the talking. This ring is also definitely an excuse for the Gellish manicure I’ve been eyeing up over the last few weeks, because obviously with a ring that striking, I wouldn’t want my nails to get jealous would I?!  



I’m definitely a stud kind of gal and these diamond studs are simple yet ooze elegance and sophistication. I’ve recently purchased my New Years Eve dress and opted for a nude skater option with delicate panel detailing. This feminine addition to my wardrobe would definitely appreciate these studs as a welcome pairing to my new years outfit. 



This pendant is set to make a lot of people extremely happy. The diamond encrusted open heart diamond, is the ideal gift for loved ones and if you’re not quite prepared to do an Andrew Lincoln and knock on the door with a CD player and cards proclaiming your love, this necklace will definitely do the job aptly. 



As the film says, ‘Love Actually is all around’ and these beautiful pieces of jewellery are an ideal way to show your love to someone special, whether they be a friend, family, partner or even a self treat. 

All good love stories finish with a happy ending and that leaves us with the prospect of love and luck in the New Year. 2012 has been a year full of love and as the new year approaches and we look back on some of the inspiring celebrity weddings we have had this year, there’s no sign of the matrimonial ceremonies slowing down. With more inevitable dazzling celebrity engagement rings to soon swoon over as well as their ridiculously enviable gowns, I can’t wait to hear Cupid’s celeb love stories as well as some of your own. 

For 24 hours only, shop online at Ernest Jones and receive a free silver bracelet worth £50! Ends midnight tonight! Terms and conditions apply.

Last order dates for Christmas
Standard delivery: Thursday 20th December 2pm
Next day delivery: Friday 21st December 3pm

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Peek at our Pinterest boards

No comments:

Post a Comment